Candle care tips
- Approximate burning time:
4 oz = 30 hours
8 oz = 50 hours
- First use: the first time you light up, make sure to keep your candle burning until the melted wax has reached the jar's rim (all the way around). Our 4 oz candles will need about 2 hours and the 8 oz candles will take about 3-4 hours to reach the edge of the jar. Thus, during subsequent uses, the wax will burn uniformly.
- Never keep your candle lit for more than 4 hours at a time. Doing so can lead to a large flame, black soot on the jar and buildup on the wick which can fall off into the melted wax.
- Always trim the wick to 1/4" before each use.
- Stop using when there is about 0.5 cm of wax at the bottom of the jar.
- If at any time the flame becomes to large, immediately extinguish the candle and allow the wax to re-solidify before trimming the wick down and re-lighting.
- Cleaning: rinse the jar with hot water to remove the remaining wax and then clean with dish soap.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended or in the reach of flammable objects, children or pets.
- Upcycle your used candle jars: we have many ideas and inspirations to give your jars a second life.
- Recycling program: bring us your empty jars in exchange for a reduction on your next T. Lees purchase.
- Let your soap dry completely between each use to avoid having a soggy, mushy bar. We recommend using a natural wood soap dish (pine and cedar are best) with good drainage.
- Our lip balms contain a high percentage of coconut oil which melts easily in the heat so avoid keeping them in your pockets or in your cars in the summer heat.