Care tips


Get the most out of our T. Lees products

Candles

  • Approximate burning time:
    4 oz = 25 to 30 hours
    8 oz = 40 to 50 hours

  • First use: the first time you light up, make sure to keep your candle burning until the melted wax has reached the jar's rim (all the way around). Our 4 oz candles will need about 2 hours and the 8 oz candles will take about 3-4 hours to reach the edge of the jar. Thus, during subsequent uses, the wax will burn uniformly.

  • Never keep your candle lit for more than 4 hours at a time. Doing so can lead to a large flame, black soot on the jar and buildup on the wick which can fall off into the melted wax.

  • Always trim the wick to 1/4" before each use.

  • Stop using when there is about 0.5 cm of wax at the bottom of the jar.

  • If at any time the flame becomes to large, immediately extinguish the candle and allow the wax to re-solidify before trimming the wick down and re-lighting. 

  • Cleaning: rinse the jar with hot water to remove the remaining wax and then clean with dish soap.

  • Never leave a burning candle unattended or in the reach of flammable objects, children or pets.

  • Upcycle your used candle jars: we have many ideas and inspirations to give your jars a second life.

  • Recycling program: bring us your empty jars in exchange for a reduction on your next T. Lees purchase.

Soaps

  • Let your soap dry completely between each use to avoid having a soggy, mushy bar. We recommend using a natural wood soap dish (pine and cedar are best) with good drainage.

Lip balms

  • Our lip balms contain a high percentage of coconut oil which melts easily in the heat so avoid keeping them in your pockets or in your cars in the summer heat.

Rechargeable candle lighter

If your lighter doesn't turn on

  • Make sure it is charged and that the security switch located under the lighter is at the on position.
  • If it still does not turn on, position the security switch located under the lighter to off. Activate the main switch to extend the prongs and wipe them of all residue or wax that might be built up. Once clean, retract the prongs, reactivate the security switch located under the lighter to the on position and retest.

See our FAQ section for more safety tips